I have always been told that I think a lot. Some people even go so far as to say that I think too much. Sometimes, I suffer from caring too much about what other people think. I have never really taken advantage of my ability for critical thinking and analyzation, so I decided to do something about it.
Step #1 is making this blog.
Here are my personal objectives for this blog, tied in with several of my core beliefs, in as few words (I think) as possible:
1) I consider myself an intelligent artist, someone who finds enjoyment out of analyzation and debate. Most of my discussion will center around the areas of visual/graphic art, music, theatre, politics, and philosophy. I want to form a centralized storage for all of my thoughts. This will be a great boon for me because I have a bad habit of forgetting important things if I don’t write them down somewhere.
2) I find the notion that my beliefs could be completely wrong or false both simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating. I want to keep a running log of my own personal beliefs and philosophies in a public setting for the purpose of comparing my thoughts to others. I want my beliefs to come into question. I want people to be critical of what I think. I want to come as close as I possibly can to some kind of universal truth.
3) I am a white American male in my early twenties, and am constantly trying to understand the vast amount of privilege that I was born into/have earned. I feel the only way not waste all of the privilege I was given is to understand both what I am capable of and then how to put those capabilities into action.
4) I believe that free public education is the quickest and most effective way to start fixing many of our society’s problems.
5) I want to keep my thoughts and educational journey through my thoughts as clear and open to the public as possible, so that hopefully other people can possibly take away some of their own discoveries.
And also a final N.B.
I find that some of my better writing comes in “the heat of the moment,” when I am deep and thought or really fired up about a particular subject. Because of this, I will try my best to edit grammar and syntax. I can’t guarantee it will always be great.